Benefits of Marketing Your Company Through the Book
This is a private page for potential partners. This page is not linked to from the website or searchable in regular search engines. Hopefully you came here by direct invitation of the author or publishing company. If you did not see this by invitation, please contact us and tell us how you got here so we can fix the problem.
Most people don’t read web pages, they skim. PLEASE READ THIS PAGE. NOTE: The website might still be under construction. If so, please realize that you are visiting early in the process. That is good for you!
Quick Overview (you’ll need to read this to understand)
The book is called “Fire Your Job, Hire Yourself (The Planning Guide to Starting Your Own Business)” and you can visit the rest of this website to find out more. It’s a thick book (est. 500-800 pages). The author has an ideal background for writing this book. You can read about him later on other website links, but he has the education, experience, he straddled an 18-year job with a business on the side, he owns multiple businesses (most are award-winning business), he’s a trainer, business consultant, etc.
It is first important to understand the target market for this book. It is a specific audience, but a HUGE audience. Of the working population, 84% hate their jobs (according to a CBS News report) and the SBA (Small Business Admin) says that 10% of adults strongly desire to start their own business. This book is targeting that 10% who are serious, and the majority of others who dream about it, but have no clue where to start. That’s a big audience! When you combine that with the huge number of adults that are still without a job, this book will reach a wide audience.
The book already had a successful Kickstarter campaign and we’re gearing up for a lot more pre-sales before the book is finished and launched early next year. We’re building followers quickly, and will soon start a big push to significantly accelerate the growth of our mailing list in exchange for a free, sample chapter of the book (which is super useful on its own). We are infiltrating Facebook groups, LinkedIn Groups, and building targeted Twitter followers in preparation. We’re preparing seminars with the same title as the book. We are following tried and true techniques in order to get the book into the bestseller status during it’s launch.
Considering that the author has significant personal experience, has bought and studied over a dozen books on business startups, and has spent multiple years researching the topics in depth, he is convinced that every chapter in this book is better and more useful than any in existence. The chapters are very useful, very informative, and somewhat humorous. They also contain the results of dozens of interviews with entrepreneurs who fired their jobs and hired themselves.
The Book Can Sell Your Products and Services!
…assuming you have a quality product or service that is attractive to the target audience described above.
Throughout the book are callouts with resource lists, business tips, and more. Many are designed to get the reader to visit the accompanying web page on this website for more information, stories, downloadable forms, lists of recommended products and services, links, etc.
Here are ways your company can reach this audience through my book:
- Assuming you have the right type of product, and the author can work it into the story with authority, we can directly mention and recommend your product in the text of the book (and later eBook). This is the most powerful and convincing sales pitch possible and we’ll let you help us get the wording right of this testimonial based on your own sales experience. It’s also permanent. This would also include #2.
- Get your product/service listed on the corresponding resource page of the website with a link to your product. We plan to make these particular pages externally searchable and we’ll tune them for SEO to bring in more external traffic. Depending on the financial incentive you offer, your product would be one of many or would be the only product listed for its purpose.
- You can provide a few free copies of your product for us to promote and give away as we approach the book launch. Solid giveaways are an excellent way to create buzz by setting up a contest to win your product/service which also boosts excitement because we’re advertising it as a “neutral” party.
- Social Media. We’re going to flood social media in many different ways. Your product/service has a chance to come along for the ride or even lead the charge if it makes sense for you to promote the book to your audience in order to convert more of the undecided people.
- If you’re interested in sponsoring our one-day Fire Your Job, Hire Yourself training seminars, we should talk.
- We are currently considering allowing a full-page ad directly in the print of the book. If you’re interested, let’s talk. Yes, we can be sold on the concept.
What other ideas or suggestions do you have? Please let me know.
If you send us email, please include at least “Fire Your Job” in the subject line in case it looks like junk mail.
Send email to Publisher@AdvancedPublishingConcepts.com (sorry about the long name, please type carefully)